Apply for an Earmark

Federal Funding for Local Projects


The U.S. House Appropriations Committee and the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee are set to release new guidance regarding “Community Project Funding” (CPF) and “Congressionally Directed Spending” (CDS) requests, also known as earmarks. Through these funding requests, organizations can apply for funding for local projects directly through their elected official’s office that allows for members of Congress to allocate specific funds to projects in their districts or states through the appropriations process.

There have been few changes made to these requests and it is important that you are aware of deadlines for requests, and what is needed for a successful application. For your information, last year we released a short video with detailed information about how to access funds.

Access our video HERE and our slides HERE.